- The main feature of the monthly Piney Woods Wildlife Society meetings is a presentation about a wildlife, bird or nature topic.
- Meetings are held monthly on every second or third Wednesday (except June, July and August) at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park located at 709 Riley Fuzzel Road in Spring. [See below for specific dates for each month.] This park is just east of Old Town Spring 0.2 miles east of the Hardy Toll Road, before you get to the Spring Creek Bridge (see additional directions and map at the bottom of this page). FYI, there are occasional exceptions to the third Wednesday — when the Big Stone Lodge has other commitments, we generally try to move to the second Wednesday. Make sure to keep an eye here and on the newsletter for exact dates.
- The regular monthly meetings get underway at 7 p.m. with snacks and social time beginning at 6:30 p.m. In 2020, the meeting dates are expected to be Sept 16, Oct 14*, Nov 18, and Dec 16.
*NOTE: Several PWWS meetings (like the one in October) will be on the SECOND Wednesday instead of the normal third Wednesday.
- September PWWS Meeting – TBA
Please keep an eye out here, on Facebook and in our emailed newsletter for information about the meetings coming in the Fall.
- PWWS monthly meetings take place at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park. Directions to meeting location for Wednesday meetings (709 Riley Fuzzel Road, Spring, Texas):
Aldine-Westfield dead ends into Riley Fuzzel Road just northeast of Old Town Spring so there are several ways to get there:
Take the Rayford/Sawdust exit and go east on Rayford Rd. After about 4 miles, take a right (south) onto Grand Parkway Frontage Road / Riley Fuzzel Road. Drive 1.4 miles to the Dennis Johnston Park (on the right before Hardy Toll Road and after the Spring Creek Bridge). Turn right into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
From I45, take Spring-Cypress Road exit east and follow it across the railroad tracks to Aldine Westfield passing through Olde Town Spring. Turn left onto Aldine Westfield and then right onto Riley Fuzzel for a short distance to get to Dennis Johnston Park. It will be on the left just after Hardy Toll Road and before the Spring Creek Bridge. Turn left into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
From Mercer Arboretum, take Aldine Westfield north until it dead ends into Riley Fuzzel. Turn right on Riley Fuzzel, go under the Hardy Toll Road freeway and turn left into Dennis Johnston Park (before the Spring Creek Bridge). Drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
Watch for a sign for the Park on the north side of Riley Fuzzel. You will need to drive all the way back to the Big Stone Lodge and the parking next to it.