- The main feature of the monthly Piney Woods Wildlife Society meetings is a presentation about a wildlife, bird or nature topic.
- Meetings are held monthly on every third Wednesday (except June, July and August) at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park located at 709 Riley Fuzzel Road in Spring. This park is just east of Old Town Spring 0.2 miles east of the Hardy Toll Road, before you get to the Spring Creek Bridge (see additional directions and map at the bottom of this page).
- The regular monthly meetings get underway at 7 p.m. with snacks and social time beginning at 6:30 p.m. In 2019, our monthly meeting dates are Sep 18, Oct 16, Nov 20 and Dec 11 (note the December meeting will be on the 2nd Wednesday).
- August PWWS Summer Dinner Together
- September PWWS Meeting
The first PWWS meeting of the fall will be held on Wednesday evening, September 18th, at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park. Information about the speaker will be coming later in the summer.
- PWWS monthly meetings take place at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park. Directions to meeting location for Wednesday meetings (709 Riley Fuzzel Road, Spring, Texas):
Aldine-Westfield dead ends into Riley Fuzzel Road just northeast of Old Town Spring so there are several ways to get there:
Take the Rayford/Sawdust exit and go east on Rayford Rd. After about 4 miles, take a right (south) onto Grand Parkway Frontage Road / Riley Fuzzel Road. Drive 1.4 miles to the Dennis Johnston Park (on the right before Hardy Toll Road and after the Spring Creek Bridge). Turn right into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
From I45, take Spring-Cypress Road exit east and follow it across the railroad tracks to Aldine Westfield passing through Olde Town Spring. Turn left onto Aldine Westfield and then right onto Riley Fuzzel for a short distance to get to Dennis Johnston Park. It will be on the left just after Hardy Toll Road and before the Spring Creek Bridge. Turn left into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
From Mercer Arboretum, take Aldine Westfield north until it dead ends into Riley Fuzzel. Turn right on Riley Fuzzel, go under the Hardy Toll Road freeway and turn left into Dennis Johnston Park (before the Spring Creek Bridge). Drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
Watch for a sign for the Park on the north side of Riley Fuzzel. You will need to drive all the way back to the Big Stone Lodge and the parking next to it.