- Meetings are held monthly on every third Wednesday* (except June, July and August) at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park located at 709 Riley Fuzzel Road in Spring. This park is just east of Old Town Spring 0.2 miles east of the Hardy Toll Road, before you get to the Spring Creek Bridge (see additional directions and map at the bottom of this page).
- The regular monthly meetings get underway at 7 p.m. with snacks and social time beginning at 6:30 p.m. In 2018, our remaining meeting date is Dec 12*. In 2019, our monthly meeting dates are Jan 16, Feb 20, Mar 20, Apr 17, and May 15.
* Please note that the date for the December meeting in 2018 has been moved to the SECOND Wednesday (Dec 12). There was a conflict at the Big Stone Lodge for the original December date.
The date for this year’s CBC has been set for Saturday, December 15th. Click here for more information.
- December PWWS Christmas Potluck & Photo Share
Bring a potluck dish and join Piney Woods for a Christmas gathering on Wednesday, December 12th, at 6:30 p.m. (Please note that this meeting has been moved to the second Wednesday because of the proximity to Christmas and a conflict at Dennis Johnston Park.)
If you have any photos that you’d like to share with the group, please bring up to 15 on a flash drive and be prepared to say a few words about each one.
The gathering takes place at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston Park located at 709 Riley Fuzzel Road in Spring. See direction information at the bottom of this page.
- Directions to meeting location for Wednesday meetings (709 Riley Fuzzel Road, Spring, Texas):
Aldine-Westfield dead ends into Riley Fuzzel Road just northeast of Old Town Spring so there are several ways to get there:
Take the Rayford/Sawdust exit and go east on Rayford Rd. After about 4 miles, take a right (south) onto Grand Parkway Frontage Road / Riley Fuzzel Road. Drive 1.4 miles to the Dennis Johnston Park (on the right before Hardy Toll Road and after the Spring Creek Bridge). Turn right into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
From I45, take Spring Cypress Road exit east and follow it across the railroad tracks to Aldine Westfield passing through Olde Town Spring. Turn left onto Aldine Westfield and then right onto Riley Fuzzel for a short distance to get to Dennis Johnston Park. It will be on the left just after Hardy Toll Road and before the Spring Creek Bridge. Turn left into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
Take Aldine Westfield north from Mercer Arboretum until it dead ends into Riley Fuzzel. Turn right on Riley Fuzzel, go under the Hardy Toll Road freeway and turn left into Dennis Johnston Park (before the Spring Creek Bridge). Drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
Watch for a sign for the Park on the north side of Riley Fuzzel. You will need to drive all the way back to the Big Stone Lodge and the parking next to it.