- Meetings are held monthly on every third Wednesday* (except June, July and August) at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston County Park located at 709 Riley Fuzzel Road in Spring. This park is just east of Old Town Spring 0.2 miles east of the Hardy Toll Road, before you get to the Spring Creek Bridge (see additional directions and map below).
- The regular monthly meetings get underway at 7 p.m. with snacks and social time beginning at 6:30 p.m. In spring, our meeting dates in 2018 are Feb 14*, Mar 21, Apr 18 and May 9*.
- * FYI, dates for the February & May meeting in 2018 have been moved to the SECOND Wednesday because of conflicts at the Big Stone Lodge. The new dates are specified in the paragraph above.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: PWWS JAN 17TH Meeting has been cancelled due to severe weather.
The PWWS Board has decided to cancel the January 17th meeting because of the severe weather. There will be no meeting for January.
The next meeting will be Wednesday, February 14th. Please note this will be the second Wednesday of the month due to scheduling conflict at The Big Stone Lodge.
- February PWWS Meeting – Don’t miss the February PWWS meeting on Wednesday, February 14th, at 6:30 p.m. Farrar Stockton will give a talk about the Butterfly Collection at The Natural History Museum in London and the Microsculpture exhibit at Oxford University Museum of Natural History. Microsculpture is the the process of photographing a fly or a bee more than 4,000 times and then blowing it up to a size of a door making outstanding detail and color to the insect.
- Directions to meeting location for third Wednesday meetings (709 Riley Fuzzel Road, Spring, Texas):
Aldine-Westfield dead ends into Riley Fuzzel Road just northeast of Old Town Spring so there are several ways to get there:
Take the Rayford/Sawdust exit and go East (right) on Rayford Rd. After about 4 miles, take a right (south) onto Grand Parkway Frontage Road / Riley Fuzzel Road. Drive 1.4 miles to the Dennis Johnston Park (on the right before Hardy Toll Road and after the Spring Creek Bridge). Turn right into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
From I45, take Spring Cypress Road exit east and across the railroad tracks to Aldine Westfield through Olde Town Spring, turn left onto Aldine Westfield and then right onto Riley Fuzzel for a short distance to get to Dennis Johnston Park. It will be on the left after Hardy Toll Road and before the Spring Creek Bridge. Turn left into the park & drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
Take Aldine Westfield north from Mercer Arboretum until it dead ends into Riley Fuzzel. Turn right on Riley Fuzzel, go under the Hardy Toll Road freeway and turn left into Dennis Johnston Park (before the Spring Creek Bridge). Drive all the way around following the curve to the left until you reach the Old Stone Lodge.
Watch for a sign for the Park on the north side of Riley Fuzzel. You will need to drive all the way back to the Lodge and the parking next to it.